Very Friendly, Efficient and Informative.Read More
10 Facts and Trends on Employee Health Today
Posted: Jul 25th, 2016 at 12:00AM
In times past, when it came to employee health, unless they had a flu or stomach virus, they knew they had to just suck it up and press on. The workforce was reserved to that fate. The 50s, 60s and 70s in America fostered sort of a "boiled frog" phenomenon. This comes from the fact that if you stick a frog in water and bring it to a boil slowly, it won't notice until it's too late, because it will have acclimated itself to the slow-rising temperature.
HOW THE WORK-FORCE BECAME BOILED FROGS
In the 50s the male of the household was in charge of bringing home the bacon and the time to be sick was zero. In the 60s and 70s women joined that work-force and the pressure was on them to stick it out. Women have other, sometimes regular health issues and were less likely to want to explain to a male boss what the issue was. By the time the hippies of the 60s graduated college and became Young Urban Professionals or YUPPIES, the water was already at a nice rolling boil.
The fact was this. Americans have had more stress-related health issues than any other country in the world. You can read more on the subject of stress and the workplace as it relates to health here.
WORK-FORCE HEALTH TODAY
Today, we seem to be going in two speeds. On one hand the diabetes and heart-disease rate is at an all-time high. On the other hand, we are into fitness and diet changes more than we've ever been before. The country is split and it's from a highly imbalanced and over taxed healthcare system. This is costing employers more money in time off for health purposes. The number of workers taking FMLA is also on the rise. With employers being required to offer healthcare, there are less full-time positions that are offered. This, in-turn means that workers have to hold more than one job per person, per household. This turns up the stress and the illness.
So, now you see the vicious cycle that keep our workers in debt or bankrupt due to medical bills that have to be paid. The inability to make ends meet and the stress that it conjures, like family issues and more is the reason why some corporations have decided that preventive medicine is key in keeping the production line of profitability and maintaining happier employees by creating a sense of community among their people.
Bonus Tip: The best way to ensure a healthy workforce is to offer flu shots and health screenings. As we like to say, an ounce of prevention is worth paying a pound of cure. From a company perspective, this should be a priority and you will see a marked change in the company funds.
5 top employee benefit trends for 2016
- Company Wellness Programs: These can take on many forms depending on what the dynamic of the company is and what the needs are. Each company has a different culture. So, an annual assessment will take place that include employee polls to see what type of wellness programs would fit the employees of that particular culture. Some of the programs that may be included are smoking cessation; weight control and workout programs, holistic/ natural health and wellness as well as
- Financial Literacy and Fitness: Smart employers know that workers that are more financially literate stand a greater chance of managing their money well. Also, a smart workforce knows that a better quality of life can be had if they broaden their vision past retirement.
- Health Savings Accounts: As costs for healthcare rise in the way of supplementing spouses and families, the stresses can be removed by insuring they can offset those costs by having A HSA to fall back on and use however they choose.
- Better information about fees in your retirement fund: If you have a 401K and have been unsure about the fees attached to them, this is about to get better. You'll have much more transparency in the way of knowing what you are paying for and how much. Nobody likes surprises at cash-out time.
- Incentive to work up to snuff: Face it, when your employer cares enough to institute better eating, exercising and health care programs you want to work as hard as you do. And also face the fact that when you feel good you are more inspired to work and that means less cost and more production to the company at large.
5 reasons why corporate wellness is more important than ever
- Success equals awareness: When you have a work force that is aware of their health needs and conditions and knows they have a corporation that is behind them, then, you can be successful.
- Chronic disease is a money drain: 75% of all health costs to companies is due to chronic disease. It's not maternity leave as once thought. It's conditions like diabetic complications, heart disease and stress disorders including Fibromyalgia. When you can take care of prevention you've saved big and again, created a community among your workforce.
- The wellness program has to be entertaining: What? You mean it's not enough to pay for the program? Nope, and this has nothing to do with employees being selfish. It has to do with human nature and the fact that human beings need a challenge.
- Rebates as a wellness incentive: Some employers are awarding health insurance rebates if their workers take part in the wellness program.
- Evolving wellness support: If the corporation and the vendors are team-players in the health and wellbeing of the health of the workers then, you've got a recipe for every kind of success. This is where many fail. You can pay for an indoor gym but if you've got grilled grease bombs being served up in the cafeteria then, you've got a recipe for disaster.
The bottom line is this. Communication, proper assessments and addressing company culture as it relates to healthcare and wellness programs is key. Without all the cogs in the wheel working, it may take off but it will quickly crash and burn. No longer can there be an ivory-tower attitude in the workplace regarding the future of workforce health.
Contact e7 Health today for more information on how to begin your own company employee health program to ensure you are providing the most valuable resources to your team!
Fast and easy!Read More
Online appointment scheduling makes it easy to pick a convenient date and time. Easy access to medical records. The facility is clean and the staffRead More
The staff was very friendly from start to finishRead More
This place was fast, convenient, inexpensive, and everyone was friendly. I needed a drug screen for school and was in and out (with instant...Read More
Went to the clinic with my daughter yesterday. Almost zero wait time. The staff is excellent and the service was provided almost immediately. TodayRead More
Great office staff. Clean. Quick and easyRead More
The whole process was quick and simple. The staff was friendly. I made a mistake on making an appointment and the receptionist quickly fixed it...Read More
It was only my first time, I couldn't get into my Dr. for a couple weeks. I needed a TB Skin Test for our Foster program, I was in and out in 5...Read More
I went to the location on Rainbow/ Lake mead. Very respectful, professional, quick service.Read More
They were very professional, organized, and caring!Read More
Very professional and friendly staff. Also educated me on a lot of things!Read More
Everyone was friendly and helpful. They are quick and efficient.Read More
I've used E7 several times for different services. Each time, I've been treated quickly with little to no wait time. The staff at the Windmill...Read More
There is very minimal wait time and the staff is EXCELLENT! Both times I have visited here I have received outstanding service.Read More
They are professional and has always treated me proper.Read More
Kudos to this place, they are very organized. In booking my appointments, they always send me notifications as a reminder, I know this may sounds..Read More
Went for TB test, very efficient and quick! Lets not forget friendly.Read More
E7 is very fast, there electronic appt system and EMR are easy to use and they work well with my employer for all of the tests, vaccines, and...Read More
Very professional and fast!!Read More
The staff an nurses were very polite and informative about my shots I was getting. I recommend this place to everyone. Again thank u .Read More
The staff it’s very efficient and well educated, both times I been at this location has been a great experience.Read More
The customer service is always superb! The nurses, doctors and administrators are very thorough in their steps they are about to take. The best...Read More
great servicesRead More
Excellent staff and highly proficient/gentle booster/immunization administerer!Read More
Went here for vaccine for a trip to S. Africa. Staff friendly, knowledgeable and the wait time is minimal. Only thing they won't bill your...Read More
Very knowledgeable and professional! Appointment at 1:45 pm and they were ready, no waiting. Was in and out in less than 30 minutes. Great job by..Read More
Very Courteous, warm, friendly environment.Read More
Everyone was friendly, organized and very professional.Read More
The staff was very friendly and professional. I definitely recommend them to anyone who needs their services!Read More
There was no waiting, e7 had all vaccines that I needed for my trip and they were fast!Read More
very professional staff. All worked quickly to get me taken care of.Read More
Professional with quick results.Read More
The dr was very nice and staff was very friendly I was in and out pretty quickRead More
It’s simple, fast, and self-explanatory for plenty health needs!Read More
Very Clean Professional staff and Great Place to Get Testing done 👍Read More
Super time efficient, friendly and thorough with patient educationRead More
Very friendly staff, clean organized environment, appointment was easy to make and they sent reminders. Our test results are all on their online...Read More
Very quick & easy visit! The staff are very friendlyRead More
My doc put together a Very comprehensive discussion of where I might be at risk in South Africa over a 24 day itinerary and what vaccines to take..Read More
I like how easy it was to schedule the appointment, fill out the paperwork ahead of time online, being professionally greeted and treated, how the.Read More
The staff at the Rainbow location are AWESOME! I've never had a bad experience. I highly recommend the e7 Health Rainbow location.Read More
Always pleasant staff at the front desk and the medical folks are professional and courteousRead More
Courteous, efficient and the MA assisting me was kind and patient to his learner that was shadowing him.Read More
Quick, easy and very professionalRead More
Personable, friendly, quick. I had an appointment.Read More
1)I was scheduled for a two step tb test and up to that point they were great, reminded me of my upcoming appointment and everything. They took theRead More
I went to get vaccinated before my overseas trip. They are not cheap if you don't have insurance but well worth the visit. The staff is friendly...Read More
I came in to have blood drawn. The location is clean. The staff is very intelligent and helps you right away. My nurse was Alison. She drew two...Read More
I don’t write reviews, with that being said, Karen (phlebotomist) deserves all the praise in the world. Not only was she patient with me, she...Read More
Very fast and confidently.Read More
I really like the online portal e7 has so I can view documents and upcoming appointments. I've never spent over an hour at the Rainbow location...Read More
WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE, THE STAFF IS VERY NICE AND PROFESSIONALRead More
LOVE this place!! Upon getting a flu shot, I received amazing customer service and was in and out within 10-15 minutes!! They were very informativeRead More
Great experience!! Quick and easy process!! Received a flu shot and was in and out within 10 minutes or less!! Staff was so friendly and caring...Read More
QUICK EFFICIENT. FRIENDLY. PROFESSIONAL. .FROM. BEGINNING TO THE END. THANKZ. FOR THE SERVICE. .Read More
Quick and friendly staff. Very professional and efficient!Read More
Very courteous, professional, friendly and efficientRead More
Well-organized, fast service, staffs are very helpful !Read More
Everyone was very friendly and the customer service was impeccable!! Their professionalism and warm inviting environment made me feel comfortable..Read More
Super quick and easy process! They let you fill out paperwork before the appointment to expedite the appointment. So smart. They were also very...Read More
Staff was friendly, especially Melissa at the front desk and Lindy who handled most of my appointment (the blood work, etc.). The process was easy.Read More
Quick, friendly and professional - I didn't even have an appointment and was in and out in about 1/2 hour - got my results the following day...Read More
Great staff. Everyone was knowledgeable and friendly. I highly recommend e7 Health.Read More
E7 Health when I got to have a TB Test done for my other job I go there all the employees are friendly and polite there facilities are cleanRead More
Very professional, knowledgeable, and kind employees!!!Read More
Quick service and friendly staff.....Read More
My experience with E7 was fantastic and I highly recommend them. The clinic was clean, and the staff was very professional and curtious.Read More
Very fast and simple to register as a patient on line and make appointments. I was able to make a same day appointment and even change it to an...Read More
Pleasant, timely, and efficient. The travel doctor I talked to was helpful and dedicated to prepairing me for my trip. I'd highly recommend this...Read More
I went in for an employer-mandated drug test, and was impressed by this site...I was served with alacrity, and the process was seamless. If I ever.Read More
They staff and Doctors at so professional. They are very welcoming answer all your questions.Read More