e7 Health FAQ's
Appointments are needed for certain services with a Doctor or Clinician such as travel consultation, physical examinations, rabies consultations, vaccine review, immigration medical examinations, and STD consultation and treatment. For our other services such as TB skin testing, vaccines, laboratory testing and drug testing an appointment is highly recommended but walk ins are accepted during office hours.
There are some vaccines that are lifelong if you have completed the series appropriately. There are other vaccines that should be followed by booster doses periodically, depending on the vaccine and the situation. e7 Health can review your vaccine records prior to administering vaccines to determine what is recommended for you.
e7 Health does not charge an administration fee for any vaccines however if you are receiving vaccines that come in a series, the fee for the vaccine is per dose.
e7 Health accepts Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. We do not accept checks or insurance. However, we provide an itemized receipt containing all the information you will need to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. We cannot guarantee your insurance company will reimburse you for any vaccination. Many health insurers, including Medicare, believe that travel is by choice, and costs associated with travel medicine should be the responsibility of the individual. Some medications and immunizations may be covered under some circumstances. You will need to check with your insurance to determine if and what they cover.
e7 Health provides Travel Medicine Consultations for travelers by reviewing each client’s specific itinerary, previous immunizations, medical history, allergies and contraindications, and then offering the following:
- All appropriate vaccines (based on CDC Guidelines)
- Draw blood titers in house to prove immunity from previous vaccinations or exposures if requested
- Prescriptions for medications as indicated, including
- Traveler’s Diarrhea
- Acute Mountain Sickness Prevention Motion Sickness Prevention
- Motion Sickness Prevention
- Jet Lag, etc.
- Official Yellow Fever Exempt Letters for persons with a medical contraindication to Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Insect Precautions and Insect Repellents
- Blood Clot Prevention for long air flights
- Water and Food precautions
- Current outbreaks and health and safety concerns for areas of travel
- Pre-travel Checklist
- Skin and Wound Care
- Swimming and Water Exposure Advice
- Safety and Crime Avoidance
- Consular Information
- Maps of Malaria and Yellow Fever areas, if appropriate.
Required vaccines are vaccines that a country requires the traveler have proof of prior to entering the country. Almost always there are recommended vaccines that the CDC (Center of Disease Control) recommends to protect you from having that disease. It is important to have a Travel Medicine Consultation to determine what vaccines and prescriptions are recommended for your trip.
Currently there is no vaccine for malaria. e7 Health is able to write a prescription for the medication. We will assess our client’s itinerary to determine the need for anti-malarial medications and which medication to take based on the itinerary and any health contraindications.
Yes! Every patient who receives a Yellow Fever vaccine in provided with the official International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).
It is important to meet with a Travel Medicine Specialist prior to having travel vaccines for several reasons. Even if you believe you already know what vaccines you need for travel, the consultation will provide you with health advice tailored to your specific itinerary details. In addition to vaccines, there may be prescriptions recommended for your itinerary and these can be prescribed during the same visit. Many vaccines are not 100% preventative and this is why discussing food and water precautions, insect precautions, and other safety concerns are such an important aspect of pre-travel preparation.
e7 Health does not charge an administration fee for any vaccines however if you are receiving any vaccines that come in a series, the fee for the vaccine is per dose.
A ppd or tb skin test is the standard method for detecting Tuberculosis infection. PPD stands for purified protein derivative. The test requires two visits to the office. The first entails having a small shot in the top layer of skin in the forearm that contains ppd. This causes a small bump to form that usually goes away in a few hours. The second visit is in 48-72 hours, where a health care professional will check the areas to see if you have had a significant reaction to the test.
The difference between a one-step and a two-step ppd is that the one step includes having the test administered and then read in 48-72 hours. If a two-step is necessary, you will need to return no earlier than 7 days after having the first test administered and repeat the same process (administration and read) again.
- We offer student discounts (with student ID) for school vaccines.
- We waive the administrative/office fee for allied health students. Other clinics can charges up to a $25 administrative fee per visit. This can add $75 extra to a three shot series like Hepatitis B Vaccine.
- We can review a student’s vaccination records and offer ONLY the vaccines needed based on the school’s requirements which can help save time and money.
- We can draw blood titers in-house for vaccines you may already have had or been exposed to, as proof for your school. This can be a fraction of the cost of getting the vaccine again. And, we email you the results!!
- Our Titer prices are up to 50% lower than most labs.
- We can help students complete vaccines for clinical rotations or school deadlines by scheduling vaccines in a series in advance. We even send you an email reminder when your next vaccine is due.
- Unlike some clinics, we read the results of both steps of a 2-step TB skin test. If you are positive on the 1st-step, then you don’t need to pay for or have a 2nd-step.
- We keep Electronic Medical records and input all of your vaccinations into the WebIZ Database, so you will have a permanent immunization record for the rest of you career.
All students should check with his or her school to determine the vaccines their program requires. Students can easily obtain this information by contacting his or her instructor at their school. e7 Health will review all immunization records by the student and, based upon the school requirements, we will discuss the vaccines needed. We will review the best way to proceed with the vaccine schedules and make every attempt, if possible, to provide all vaccines needed before the program’s deadline. We can also provide additional services your program may require such as tb skin testing, urine drug testing, and physical exams.
Yes, e7 Health has a state of the art web based drug testing technology system connected with major laboratories Quest Diagnostics and LabCorp for paperless electronic processing of drug tests. Our Electronic Chain-of-Custody Forms (eCCF) reduce costs and administrative duties by eliminating paper forms. Using our paperless drug test system, we minimize collection errors, ensure consistency and link all parts of the donor-screening process to provide a better product to our employer customers.
The answer is typically no. e7 Health utilizes a medical review officer (MRO) for review and verification of all drug tests. On all positive drug tests, the MRO contacts the donor who provided the specimen to discuss the positive result and any medication you may be taking. The MRO will verify your prescription with your pharmacy or prescribing doctor and then report your drug test result back out your employer as a negative drug test result. The MRO acts as an independent and impartial “gatekeeper” and advocate for the accuracy and integrity of the drug testing process.
Nevada has a law that permits medical marijuana use. However, the law does not require employers to accommodate the use of medical marijuana in the workplace. Many companies have addressed medical marijuana in their drug free workplace policies and have a provision that the use of marijuana is prohibited if the employee chooses to work for that particular company. For DOT companies this is Federal law, medical marijuana is not recognized. You should consult an attorney to advise whether you should inform your employer if you are registered with the Nevada Medical Marijuana Program. Employers should review their drug free workplace program and address medical marijuana in their policy.
Yes, unlike most others, e7 Health is properly licensed to perform instant or rapid drug testing. This means that negative results are available in minutes.Quest Diagnostics, Labcorp, and most other clinics in Las Vegas do not offer instant or rapid drug testing. e7 Health offers instant or rapid drug testing at locations in Las Vegas with a six panel drug test and a ten panel drug test.
Many vendors (our competitors) will guarantee 24 hours turnaround time on drug testing. This is impossible and e7 Health will not make this claim. We will make sure the turnaround on drug testing is just as quick as possible to insure an accurate result. A delayed accurate result if far better than and inaccurate rushed result. Our drug testing specimens are shipped to our laboratory with overnight courier service and most negative specimens (90%) will be reported the next business day. We have the fastest drug testing turnaround time in Las Vegas.
e7 Health provides DOT drug testing for companies regulated by the United States Department of Transportation. These regulations require the DOT drug testing and much more: alcohol testing, random drug and alcohol testing, consortium random testing pools, written drug and alcohol testing policies, supervisor training and much more. e7 Health works with DOT regulated employers to maintain a safe workplace, insure compliance with the regulations and to reduce the employer exposure to liability.
Typically, e7 Health can get your account set up right away from the moment you contact our team. We will discuss with your company what type of program you are in need of and help build the best package for you that meets your specific needs. You will always have an dedicated account representative available once your account set up is complete to help you with any questions you may have along the way!
It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish with your drug test. At e7 Health we help to make sure that you choose the best type of drug testing for your individual needs. The main differences between hair drug testing and urine drug testing is the windows of detection.
- Hair drug testing – A sample of 1.5 inches of hair will detect drugs up to 90 days earlier, but not the first 7 – 10 days after usage. Hair drug testing has the longest detection window.
- Urine drug testing – Urine, because it is a metabolite, will detect drugs for a slightly longer period than oral fluid. With urine drug testing, most drugs can be found for 1 – 4 days after the last dose.
In addition the hair drug test is harder to cheat on as these are gender specific direct observation drug tests every time.
e7 Health offers many drug testing panels, the most common are:
- 5 panel urine drug test – Cocaine, Marijuana (THC, cannabinoids), Phencyclidine (PCP – angel dust), Amphetamines (including methamphetamines, MDMA – ecstasy), Opiates (including heroin, codeine and morphine)
- 10 panel urine drug test – the above 5 panel drug test plus Benzodiazepines, Barbiturates, Methadone, Propoxyphene, Methaqualone (Quaaludes)
- 10 panel urine drug test with expanded opiates – the above 10 panel drug test plus Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, OxyContin
- 5 panel hair drug test – Cocaine, marijuana, opiates (including heroin, codeine, morphine, methamphetamine, Ecstasy (MDMA), Eve (MDEA) and phencyclidine (PCP)
- 5 panel hair drug test with expanded opiates – Cocaine, marijuana, opiates (including heroin, codeine, morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone and hydromorphone), methamphetamine, Ecstasy (MDMA), Eve (MDEA) and phencyclidine (PCP).
Yes, individuals can make an appointment (recommended) or walk in for drug testing at our two locations in Las Vegas. Many types of drug testing available with immediate service including urine drug testing, hair drug testing, breath alcohol testing, ETG alcohol testing and more. If you are looking for a drug test with immediate results, we do offer an instant urine drug test with negative results reported within minutes!
Great place to get vaccinations and labs drawn! Appointment scheduling is awesome, and I like that I can expect to arrive on time, be seen on time.Read More
Was short/no wait time on the phone, easy to get an appointment, and was taken care of efficiently.Read More
By far the best and least expensive facility for most tests and shots. Very friendly, professional staff that seem to do everything they can to...Read More
a location very close to my home. Reasonable prices. Nice facilityRead More
Very friendly staff. I was there to draw my quantiferon gold test and I was in and out of there in 20 minutes total. Made my appointment the same..Read More
The staff here are always positive, friendly and knowledgeable. They are quick when you make an appointment. They are always gentle when giving theRead More
That staff is always great. Very helpful and friendly. Of course, I notice their competence too. But what stands out the most is how FAST the...Read More
This operation has impressive customer service and it's not by accident. Everyone I interacted with, without exception, I would hire in a heart...Read More
The consultation was fast very helpful my shot didn't feel it..I love this place amazing people...Read More
The place is clean, customer service is great, clinicians explains things well, answer all your questions. You go in and out fast.Read More
Needed a TB test. It has to be done in 2 steps a few days apart. I came in the day of my second visit and the line is out the door. I had to get toRead More
Great service. Needed a physical done immediately and they were more than happy to helpRead More
When you’re in a pinch and you need flexible hours, e7 health is there for your needs. Whether it for your general vaccines, travel vaccines, TB.Read More
Very good staff and very patient. Didn’t have to wait to get testing done and the lady who drew my blood was very helpful and understanding of myRead More