COVID-19 Antibody Testing Now Available
Schedule the COVID-19 Antibody Test
e7 Health now offers the serological (blood) testing for SARS-COV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The serological tests for SARS-CoV-2 is a valuable test for individuals who may have had COVID-19 symptoms that have resolved. The test results will tell a person if they have antibodies to the virus and to identify individuals who have been exposed to SARS-CoV-2.Antibodies are proteins made by the immune system to fight infection.
Results of the antibody testing can also indicate who may qualify for donating blood that can create convalescent plasma which is being investigated as a treatment for people with severe COVID-19 illness. Results are also helpful in identifying individuals who are still at risk.
This test has been authorized by the Food and Drug Administration under an Emergency Use Authorization.
Play This Video To Hear More About Our COVID-19 Antibody Testing
This test may be valuable if you:
- Have had a positive test for COVID-19 and it has been at least 30 days and you want to know if you have detectable levels of IgG antibodies
- Have not experienced new or worsening symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 30 days such as:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
This test is not indicated if you are:
- Currently feeling sick or having signs and symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 30 days
- Have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 30 days
- Trying to diagnose COVID-19. If you are trying to diagnose current infection with COVID-19, we recommend you contact your primary care provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the COVID-19 Antibody Test?
Serology (blood) testing can check for the IgG anibodies to SARS-CoV-2, which is the virus that causes COVID-19. The detection of antibodies identifies patients who had been exposed to the coronavirus. This IgG antibody is usually detectable about three weeks after exposure to the virus. The aintibody test is not meant to detect active disease and it is still unclear how long having the IGG antibody will confer immunity to the virus.
How is the test collected?
The test is collected by a simple blood test. There is no special preparation needed. e7 Health does recommend wearing a face covering when visiting us for services.
What does it mean if you have a positive result?
If you have a positive test result, it is likely that you had the COVID-19 infection and that you developed an antibody response to the virus. There is not enough evidence currently to suggest that people who have a positive result are protected against future COVID-19 infection. Results do not indicate whether you can spread the virus to others. Also, if you have a positive result, there is a small possibility of a false-positive due to detection of antibodies from other coronaviruses.'
What does it mean if you have a negative result?
A negative test result means that the antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19 were not found in your sample. A negative result may occur if you are tested early in your illness and your body has not had time to produce antibodies to the infection or you have not been exposed to COVID-19. However, it is possible for this test to give a negative result that is incorrect (false negative) in some people with COVID-19 infection.
What are Antibodies?
Antibodies (Immunoglobulins) are proteins created by the immune system in response to invading foreign antigens (viruses, bacteria, etc.) to help the body recognize and fight off these foreign antigens.
What is the COVID-19 Antibody test?
COVID-19 antibody testing is a serological (blood) test to determine if IgG antibodies are present in the body against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. IgG is a longer-lasting and more-specific antibody that is created by the immune system.
How accurate are the test results?
e7 Health uses the Abbott Architect SARS-CoV-2 IgG test which has 100% sensitivity and 99.63% specificity.
Who should get tested for the COVID-19 antibody?
Individuals who are currently asymptomatic and who think they may have had COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past, should get tested for the COVID-19 antibody.
When should I test for COVID 19 Antibodies?
IgG antibodies are created over time, so it is recommended you wait at least 4 weeks post-exposure or after symptoms resolve to get tested for the COVID-19 antibody. Waiting at least 4 weeks will help prevent false-negative results with this test.
What does a negative COVID-19 Antibody test mean?
If you have a negative test result, you may not have been exposed to COVID-19.
What does a positive COVID-19 Antibody test mean?
If you have a positive test result, you have likely been exposed to or had COVID-19 in the past.
I had a positive COVID-19 Antibody test, how long am I protected?
Currently there is not enough evidence to indicate if a person with a positive antibody test is protected from future infection.
What is the benefit of getting tested for COVID-19 Antibodies?
People who have tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies may be eligible to donate their convalescent plasma. The plasma can be used directly to help treat patients with severe COVID-19 infection and is also being used in medication research for future medication production.
Our priority at e7 Health is the safety of our staff and patients. We have put in place the following procedures to help reduce staff and patients’ risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2:
- Promotion of frequent and thorough hand washing, including staff, patients and worksite visitors with a place to wash their hands
- Provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- Policy that team members stay home if sick and/or exhibiting signs/symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and new loss of taste or smell
- Encourage respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes
- Maintain regular housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfection of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment using EPA-approved disinfectant labels with claims against emerging viral pathogens
- Screening in place daily of staff temperature and if the staff has signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Encourage patients and visitors to wear face covering
- Procedure of prescreening patients and visitors by asking if the patient has had any signs and symptoms or known exposure of COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks and taking their temperature
- Team members are encouraged to maintain infection control measures outside of work using methods provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Fast and easy. No WaitRead More
I needed a quick TB test and had never been here.. these ladies are very professional..kind and made me feel comfortable in how they followed the..Read More
Staff was extremely precise, polite and patient and their efficacy makes for a very seamless visit. Chardae at reception was the most pleasant...Read More
Super accommodating. Fast and easy to talk to. Highly recommended.Read More
Very friendly staff....safety of patients in mind during check in...and my appointment time was honoredRead More
Friendly, professional, on time and clean.Read More
WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE, THE STAFF IS VERY NICE AND PROFESSIONALRead More
I was in and out in no time at all!! Quick, professional service with a smile!! Very positive experience and would highly recommend!!Read More
easy to make the appt, they understood my concerned and validated it. thank you.Read More
great placeRead More
The MA was quite kind and asked all the right questions before my immunization. I've had adverse reactions before to needles, and she was quite...Read More
Quick and easy! Great MA’s!Read More
Awesome Staff. Easy in and out.Read More
Overall great experience!!!Read More
They are professional and has always treated me proper.Read More
Fast service and very clean environment.Read More
The staff was super friendly and very quick to answer any questions I had. They were very professional and the facility was clean.Read More
I just needed a TB test and physical for work. I was able to get a same day appointment. The staff was friendly and professional and I was in and..Read More
Amazing staff, the ladies work good together and traffic was handled smoothly. Also it felt like I walked in and walked out. Id recommend coming...Read More
Nice staff, easy to make an appointment, no long wait to get the appointment and no long wait at the facility.Read More
Very efficient, fast and friendly.Read More
The staff were professional and friendly. I got in and out quickly.Read More