e7 Health offers Malaria Prescriptions
e7 Health is a preventative health and wellness company that specializes in Travel Medicine. Our Clinics are supervised by Board Certified doctors. We provide comprehensive immunization services including all vaccines available in the US for work, school, travel, and general health.
We are designated by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention as an Authorized US Yellow Fever Vaccine Clinic. e7 Health provides comprehensive Travel Medicine Consultations by reviewing each client's specific itinerary, previous immunizations, medical history, allergies and contraindications, and then offer the following:
- All appropriate vaccines (based on CDC Guidelines)
- Draw blood titers in house to prove immunity from previous vaccinations or exposures if requested
- Prescriptions for medications as indicated, including:
- Traveler’s Diarrhea
- Acute Mountain Sickness Prevention
- Motion Sickness Prevention
- Official Yellow Fever Exempt Letters for persons with a medical contraindication to yellow fever vaccine
- Insect Precautions and Insect Repellents
- Blood Clot Prevention for long air flights
- Water and Food precautions
- Current outbreaks and health and safety concerns for areas of travel
- Pre-travel Checklist
- Skin and Wound Care
- Swimming and Water Exposure
- Safety and Crime Avoidance
- Consular Information
- Maps of Malaria and Yellow Fever areas, if appropriate.
In addition to providing all travel vaccinations available in the United States, we also provide malaria prescription, when indicated. Since there’s no current malaria vaccination available in the world, anti-malaria medication taken during and after your visit to a country with malaria, may often be the only source of protection. At e7 Health we review each client's specific travel plans, travel activity, itinerary, medical history, age, allergies and contraindications. Based on this information, we evaluate your exposure risk for contracting malaria on your trip and how to best minimize the risk for getting Malaria. If indicated, we will write prescription for anti-malaria medication to be taken during and right after your trip. There are several anti-malarial medications on the market. We discuss the efficacy, side effects profile, and cost of the medications that best suits you and your trip. Once we pick a medication, we counsel you on the how to take the medication, side effect profile, etc. We provide you with literature on the medication to refer to as needed. In addition, we provide guidance and counseling on insect precautions, insect repellents and other mosquito avoidance measures
Malaria and Travelers - Source CDC.gov
Malaria is a serious and sometimes fatal disease caused by a parasite that commonly infects a certain type of mosquito which feeds on humans. People who get malaria are typically very sick with high fevers, shaking chills, and flu-like illness. Although malaria can be a deadly disease, illness and death from malaria can usually be prevented. About 1,500 cases of malaria are diagnosed in the United States each year. The vast majority of cases in the United States are in travelers and immigrants returning from parts of the world where malaria transmission occurs, including sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
The World Health Organization estimates that in 2008, 190-311 million clinical cases of malaria occurred, and 708,000-1,003,000 people died of malaria, most of them children in Africa. Because malaria causes so much illness and death, the disease is a great drain on many national economies. Since many countries with malaria are already among the poorer nations, the disease maintains a vicious cycle of disease and poverty.
Malaria is one of the most severe public health problems worldwide. It is a leading cause of death and disease in many developing countries, where young children and pregnant women are the groups most affected. 3.3 billion people (half the world's population) live in areas at risk of malaria transmission in 109 countries and territories
- 35 countries (30 in sub-Saharan Africa and 5 in Asia) account for 98% of global malaria deaths.
- In 2008, malaria caused an estimated 190-311 million clinical episodes, and 708,000-1,003,000 deaths.
- 89% of the malaria deaths worldwide occur in Africa.
- Malaria is the 5th cause of death from infectious diseases worldwide (after respiratory infections, HIV/AIDS, diarrheal diseases, and tuberculosis) in low-income countries.
- Malaria is the 2nd leading cause of death from infectious diseases in Africa, after HIV/AIDS.
The risk for a traveler contracting malaria differs substantially from region to region and from traveler to traveler, even within a single country, based upon travelers' behaviors and circumstances.
There is no accepted method of quantifying the risk and no numerical value for a risk threshold beyond which chemoprophylaxis (Anti-Malaria medications) is or is not recommended. Thus experience and judgment are required in assessing the factors described below to arrive at the best prevention strategy for the individual traveler.
A travel or tropical medicine specialist can be an excellent source of guidance when making these decisions. Depending on level of risk, it may be appropriate to recommend no specific interventions, mosquito avoidance measures only, or mosquito avoidance measures plus chemoprophylaxis (Anti-Malaria medications).
For the risk-averse traveler, remember that even in low risk settings, it only takes one bite from an infective female Anopheles mosquito to transmit malaria.
- For some areas with limited malaria transmission, where malaria cases occur sporadically and risk of infection to travelers is assessed as being very low, it is recommended that travelers use mosquito avoidance measures only, and no chemoprophylaxis(Anti-Malaria medications) should be prescribed.
- Regions with the highest estimated relative risk of infection for travelers are West Africa and Oceania. For these areas of intense transmission, exposure for even short amounts of time can result in transmission, and so chemoprophylaxis should always be used.
- Regions with moderate estimated relative risk of infection are the other parts of Africa, South Asia, and South America.
- Regions with lower estimated relative risk are Central America and other parts of Asia. There is considerable country-by-country variation, as well as variable transmission within countries. See the malaria information by country table for details.
Malaria risk is not distributed homogeneously throughout all countries. Some destinations have malaria transmission occurring throughout the whole country, while in others it occurs in defined pockets. If travelers are going to the high-risk pockets during peak transmission times, even though the country as a whole may be low risk, this destination for this individual may be high risk. In some countries with significant seasonal shifts in temperature or rainfall, malaria transmission intensity may decrease during the colder or drier months of the year. Based on knowledge of the climactic conditions in some lower risk sub-tropical or temperate destinations, travelers may choose mosquito avoidance measures only, for example, during the winter months.
It is important to assess factors such as the types of accommodations and activities as well as the reason and duration of travel as a part of the risk assessment. For example, short-term business travelers staying in air-conditioned hotels may be at lower risk than backpackers or adventure travelers.
Because malaria-transmitting mosquitoes are most active at night, include an assessment of the likelihood that the travelers might be spending time outdoors in the evenings for dining or entertainment. Longer durations of stay in a malaria-endemic area may also increase the chance that an individual might become infected.
How To Save Money And Get Better Service By Choosing The Right Travel Medicine Clinic:
- Only go to clinics that offer both vaccines and prescriptions. For many itineraries, including Central or South America, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, CDC guidelines require both vaccinations as well as prescriptions. For your trip, you may need prescriptions for malaria, traveler's diarrhea and high-altitude illness prevention. Some vaccine clinics do NOT offer prescriptions. Always ask the clinic if they do both. Otherwise, you may have to pay for two office visits or administrative fees, not to mention the time and inconvenience of having to make two trips to two clinics. Worse yet, you may go on your trip without knowing you need a prescription.
- Only go to clinics that carry all the vaccines available in the United States. Ask the clinic if they carry hard to find vaccines such as Oral Typhoid, Japanese Encephalitis, or Rabies vaccine. Often, some clinics do not carry all vaccines, or they special order them once they find a client. e7 Health has all vaccines available in the United States in stock.
- Only go to clinics that offer you access to a physician if you need it. Ask the clinic if there is a physician you can talk to if you need to. Sometimes people have complex medical issues that require physician input. e7 Health offers access to board- certified physicians if needed.
- Only go to clinics that can offer you in-house blood tests to check your immunity to vaccines you know you already had, or have been exposed to in your life. Always ask the clinic if they offer blood titer testing on premise. In some cases, you may not need the vaccine. A blood test (blood titer) can cost a fraction of getting the vaccine again. Further, e7 Health blood titer testing prices are a fraction of most major labs and we do the blood draw right in our clinic.
- Only go to clinics that focus only in vaccine medicine. Many so called "vaccine clinics" also do urgent care, primary care, occupational medicine, or other unrelated medical services. e7 Health does no primary care or other unrelated medical services.
- Only go to clinics that offer the Yellow Fever vaccine every day. Some clinics offer this only once every week or two. Ask the clinic if they offer Yellow Fever vaccines every day. Since Yellow Fever is required for entry in many countries, this vaccine may be mandatory for your trip. Also ask the clinic if they are qualified to give you a formal "Yellow Fever Exempt Letter" if you have contraindications to getting the Yellow Fever vaccine.
- Only go to clinics that do not charge an administrative fee for follow up visits for vaccines in a series. Always ask if there is an administrative / office fee for subsequent visits. All e7 Health follow-up visits for vaccines in a series are not assessed an administrative or office visit fee.
e7 Health has ALL the recommended and/or required vaccines needed for your travel.
e7 Health has ALL the recommended and/or required vaccines needed for your travel:
They were very professional, organized, and caring!Read More
Everyone was friendly, organized and very professional.Read More
The staff was very friendly and professional. I definitely recommend them to anyone who needs their services!Read More
There was no waiting, e7 had all vaccines that I needed for my trip and they were fast!Read More
very professional staff. All worked quickly to get me taken care of.Read More
Professional with quick results.Read More
The dr was very nice and staff was very friendly I was in and out pretty quickRead More
It’s simple, fast, and self-explanatory for plenty health needs!Read More
Very Clean Professional staff and Great Place to Get Testing done 👍Read More
Super time efficient, friendly and thorough with patient educationRead More
Very friendly staff, clean organized environment, appointment was easy to make and they sent reminders. Our test results are all on their online...Read More
Very quick & easy visit! The staff are very friendlyRead More
My doc put together a Very comprehensive discussion of where I might be at risk in South Africa over a 24 day itinerary and what vaccines to take..Read More
I like how easy it was to schedule the appointment, fill out the paperwork ahead of time online, being professionally greeted and treated, how the.Read More
The staff at the Rainbow location are AWESOME! I've never had a bad experience. I highly recommend the e7 Health Rainbow location.Read More
Always pleasant staff at the front desk and the medical folks are professional and courteousRead More
Courteous, efficient and the MA assisting me was kind and patient to his learner that was shadowing him.Read More
Quick, easy and very professionalRead More
Personable, friendly, quick. I had an appointment.Read More
The staff an nurses were very polite and informative about my shots I was getting. I recommend this place to everyone. Again thank u .Read More
1)I was scheduled for a two step tb test and up to that point they were great, reminded me of my upcoming appointment and everything. They took theRead More
I went to get vaccinated before my overseas trip. They are not cheap if you don't have insurance but well worth the visit. The staff is friendly...Read More
I came in to have blood drawn. The location is clean. The staff is very intelligent and helps you right away. My nurse was Alison. She drew two...Read More
I don’t write reviews, with that being said, Karen (phlebotomist) deserves all the praise in the world. Not only was she patient with me, she...Read More
Very fast and confidently.Read More
I really like the online portal e7 has so I can view documents and upcoming appointments. I've never spent over an hour at the Rainbow location...Read More
WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE, THE STAFF IS VERY NICE AND PROFESSIONALRead More
LOVE this place!! Upon getting a flu shot, I received amazing customer service and was in and out within 10-15 minutes!! They were very informativeRead More
Great experience!! Quick and easy process!! Received a flu shot and was in and out within 10 minutes or less!! Staff was so friendly and caring...Read More
QUICK EFFICIENT. FRIENDLY. PROFESSIONAL. .FROM. BEGINNING TO THE END. THANKZ. FOR THE SERVICE. .Read More
Quick and friendly staff. Very professional and efficient!Read More
Very courteous, professional, friendly and efficientRead More
Well-organized, fast service, staffs are very helpful !Read More
Everyone was very friendly and the customer service was impeccable!! Their professionalism and warm inviting environment made me feel comfortable..Read More
Super quick and easy process! They let you fill out paperwork before the appointment to expedite the appointment. So smart. They were also very...Read More
Staff was friendly, especially Melissa at the front desk and Lindy who handled most of my appointment (the blood work, etc.). The process was easy.Read More
Quick, friendly and professional - I didn't even have an appointment and was in and out in about 1/2 hour - got my results the following day...Read More
Great staff. Everyone was knowledgeable and friendly. I highly recommend e7 Health.Read More
E7 Health when I got to have a TB Test done for my other job I go there all the employees are friendly and polite there facilities are cleanRead More
Very professional, knowledgeable, and kind employees!!!Read More
Quick service and friendly staff.....Read More
My experience with E7 was fantastic and I highly recommend them. The clinic was clean, and the staff was very professional and curtious.Read More
Very fast and simple to register as a patient on line and make appointments. I was able to make a same day appointment and even change it to an...Read More
Pleasant, timely, and efficient. The travel doctor I talked to was helpful and dedicated to prepairing me for my trip. I'd highly recommend this...Read More
I went in for an employer-mandated drug test, and was impressed by this site...I was served with alacrity, and the process was seamless. If I ever.Read More
They staff and Doctors at so professional. They are very welcoming answer all your questions.Read More
Great place to go for vaccinations if you are uninsured!!! Quick and friendly service!!!Read More
I set my account up online which sped things up quite a bit when I came in. There wasn't much of a wait. Everyone was very professional and polite.Read More
Outstanding doctors office. The staff are cordial and treat patients like customers (as opposed to inconveniences, which I have experienced...Read More
Very friendly and professional staffRead More
Easy and quick experience. Staff were all very friendly!Read More
If you are in need of flushots, vaccinations etc. for work or travel this place has friendly employees and almost no wait times.Read More
Great customer service and timelyRead More
Very secure, place is super clean and fast serviceRead More
Definitely recommend this place. Fast service and efficiency. Excellent environment very clean. Affordable prices. Very friendly work team.Read More
This is my 2nd time coming here and I've always had a good experience. The staff is very courteous and friendly and the service was fast and easy..Read More
Very quick service and pleasant staffRead More
Completely incompetent staff. Spoke to an agent on the phone about making a vaccination appointment for my daughter and specified her age on the...Read More
Friendly and FastRead More
Friendly service and minimal wait time! Definitely, recommend!Read More
The services at e7 Health are excellent from scheduling an appointment to the office visits.Read More
After accepting a teaching job, I needed. TB rest. I walked in and was greeted right away. I was directed to fill out the form which was easy and..Read More
I have been here 3 times already, going through TB tests and a physical, and I have never been more impressed with both speed and quality of...Read More
They we're very friendly and professional. They also squeezed me in for a physical without an appointment. I was in from out of town so I really...Read More
The staff was very nice. Ms Sidney was wonderful. She explained the process effectively and efficiently.Read More
I had a great experience here. Easy appointment booking, was taken right on time. Everyone was extremely friendly, and all of the options were...Read More
Stuff was very knowledgeable and kind. I reccommend this location, every experience I had here was a good one.Read More
Loved it!Read More
Pain free intake process. I called and was able to make a next day morning appointment. The paperwork was emailed to me so it was filled out...Read More
There’s a variety of services, the receptionist is helpful and welcoming, and the prices of the services are affordable. I went in for a tb test.Read More
Very professional and conscientiousRead More
I love everything e7 health I recommend for everybodyRead More
Friendly staff and efficient service; Elizabeth at Horizon Ridge location, Henderson, was awesome!Read More
Awesome place! Good people, Great service!Read More
I love this place. They have locations all over. Very friendly and courteous staff, always professional wearing a smile. Fast, convenient, modern..Read More
Walk in clinic for basic exams, labs, vaccines (travel and routine). The staff at e7 Health are very friendly and kind, they do their best to get..Read More
My wife needed a second immigration medical exam for her green card application. We had already waited more than a year for an interview and were..Read More
Excellent customer service with a friendly smile. Well done!Read More
Fast friendly serviceRead More