e7 Health is a preventative health and wellness company. Our Clinic is supervised by Board Certified Physicians. We provide comprehensive preventative health and wellness services. Our immunization services include all vaccines available in the US (excluding the COVID-19 vaccine) for work, school, travel, and general health. We offer same day or next day appointments and allow you to book your appointments online!
We specialize in an array of other preventative health services such as complete laboratory testing, TB skin testing, drug testing, STD testing, diagnostic testing, and physical exams. We also provide comprehensive Employee Health Services to many small and large companies. We have the ability to meet all of your Immigration needs and provide medical examinations with a designated Civil Surgeon. We offer great pricing and service. We accept appointments and walk ins for vaccinations and laboratory services with minimal to no waiting.
On-Site Flu Vaccinations
e7 Health makes it easy and convenient for corporations to ensure employees are able to have a flu vaccine. We can set up on-site flu vaccination clinics so employee downtime is reduced.
- Save your company money and keep your employees healthy by setting up your Corporate On-Site Flu Vaccinations
- Reduce sick leave and absenteeism
- We can accommodate small numbers of employees up to thousands
- Provide your employees flu shots ever year as a health and wellness strategy for your company
Influenza (Flu) Vaccine
What is the flu and why should I be vaccinated?
Influenza is a serious contagious virus that may lead to hospitalization and sometimes even death. Influenza infection affects people differently. Even healthy people may become very sick from the flu virus and spread it to others.
Flu season can begin as early as October and last until May in the United States. The annual flu vaccine is the best way to reduce your chance of having the seasonal flu and decreases the chance that you will spread it to others. The more people that are vaccinated in the community, the less the flu can spread.
Travelers are at a particularly high risk for flu infection. The Northern Hemisphere has a seasonal flu virus usually between October until May. The Southern Hemisphere may begin in April and last through September. The tropical and subtropical areas may have transmission present throughout the year. Travelers are at a higher risk for infection due to air travel and cruise ships which easily facilitate flu transmission.
Who should have the flu vaccine?
Almost everyone should have a flu vaccine unless there is a medical reason for not having it. Groups in particular that should have the flu vaccine include:
- All travelers
- Adults 65 years of age and older
- Pregnant women
- People with chronic medical conditions
- People who live in nursing homes and long-term care facilities
- Health care workers
- Parents or caregivers of young children
Who should not have the flu vaccine?
- People who have a severe egg allergy
- People who have had a severe allergic reaction to a flu vaccine in the past
- Children younger than 6 months old
- People who are moderately or severely ill should wait until they recover
- People with a history of Guillain-Barre Syndrome (a severe illness that presents with paralysis within 6 weeks of receiving a flu vaccine.)
What will this season's flu vaccine protect against?
The flu vaccine protects against 3 or 4 different strains of Influenza virus, depending on which type of flu vaccine you receive. There are different types of flu vaccines recommended for different age groups to optimize a person's level of protection.
- Influenza A virus (H1N1)
- Influenza A virus (H3N2)
- Influenza B virus (Victoria lineage)
- Influenza B virus (Yamagata lineage)
e7 Health offers two different vaccines for this season's flu shot. Our flu vaccines are inactivated, which means there are no live virus in the vaccine and no chance of catching the flu from the vaccine.
Seasonal Influenza Shot:
- Used for people 6 months through 64 years of age
- This flu vaccine is thimerosal free and preservative free
- This flu vaccine is quadrivalent (protects against four strains).
- High Dose Flu Shot:
- Used for age 65 and older.
- Delivers four times the amount of antigen as non-high dose flu for improved protection from Influenza.
- This flu vaccine is trivalent (protects against three strains).
About 70-90% of flu deaths occur among people 65 and older. The high dose flu shot produces a stronger immune response, meaning the person with the vaccine is less likely to get sick.
Getting a flu shot is more important than it may sound. It will help keep you healthy, but it will also protect others that may not be able to get the vaccine or are at a higher risk of getting sick. e7 Health offers this season's flu shot, meaning you can stay healthy and keep others healthy as well. Go online or call e7 Health today to make an appointment for yoru annual flu vaccine.
Download Vaccine Information Statements (VIS)
Recommended Adult Vaccines
e7 Health has ALL the recommended and/or required adult vaccines needed for your travel: